International Food Services is an independently owned Maritime Catering Organisation. We offer Catering solutions of the highest quality and monitor the consumption on board and deliveries for our clients in the shipping industry.
IFS has offices in Antwerp, Singapore and Manila. We stand for a no-nonsense approach with a dedicated team we try to make the difference for our clients. Passion for the job and a sustainable collaboration is for us very important.
We aim to increase our clients buying power by reducing waste and inefficiencies. We achieve this by training and support of the Crew on board and to improve the wellbeing on board of the crew.
About the position:
IFS is growing rapidly to make sure our services are guaranteed to the clients we are looking for a Full time Operations Representative who will be performing audits and stock takes on board our clients vessels. The main job would be to represent our company and perform audits on board all our clients vessels. You will also go on board the vessels regularly to perform a stock count. In collaboration with your colleagues in the operations department you make sure our clients vessels are safe according to the IFS standards. Within this position you will work closely together with our different departments internally such as operations and procurement as well as externally you will be in contact with our clients, suppliers and captains to give your support where you can. The position is Benelux based however based on the location of the vessels of the clients frequent travelling worldwide will be after the first half year part of the job.
The main tasks/responsibilities will be:
- Conducting audits against a range of maritime catering standards;
- Conducting stock takes according to the IFS standards and add these in to the IFS system
- Produce audit reports;
- Build strong business relationships with clients;
- Ensure that all client’s inquiries are handled within a timely manner and provide a good customer service;
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure a qualitative and efficient service;
- Available at all times to travel to the vessels when the project requires;
- Responsible for the follow up and the calibration of the measuring instruments
What are we looking for:
- Fluent in English on a professional level
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Affinity or working experience in the shipping industry
- Affinity or working experience with the catering industry
- Good communication and organisational skills;
- Knowledge of hygiene legislation;
- Reliable and Flexible work mentality;
- No 9-5 mentality;
- Stress resistant; confident when working under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of the Marpol Guidelines are a plus;
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices as per IFS policies;
- Valid driver’s license B.
What do we offer:
We offer a competitive salary including underneath benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Laptop, mobile phone and car from the Company
- Learning and Development opportunities
If you are living in Belgium we also offer:
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Eco Vouchers
- Meal Vouchers
Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic, international, family owned company? Don’t look any further and send your application to Kimberly@ifs.be
#International Company#Catering#Fulltime#Challenging environment#Marine#Shipping#Operations Representative #Antwerp#Benelux#Travelling
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.