IFS is a marine caterer founded and managed by a former ship cook. The cook is the heart of IFS food architecture model. IFS offers you:
- Assistance in defining catering scopes. Together we analyze and define your catering standards, project and equipment. We monitor your current consumption levels and take the nationalities of the crew, your operating region and possible limited (storage) space, into account.
- IFS reduces the administration on board as well as in the office. This allows procurement professionals to dedicate their time to issues that have bigger impact.
- Trained galley staff. Our teams come on board and transition the galley into a safe and well-oiled machine that delivers tasty, nourishing, diverse and multicultural cuisine. A vast part of our clients use their own galley staff. IFS offers selection, sourcing and training for their cooks.
- IFS increases buying power by reducing waste and inefficiencies. Our in-house developed software and reporting package allows us to assist you in keeping your budget on track. Our software is accessible online anywhere in the world.
- IFS has a global suppliers network with significant purchasing power in over 100 countries. This guarantees the best food quality and prices worldwide. To guarantee this quality, we created our own product specification sheets which are used in the tender processes.
- IFS is ISO certified and recognized by the Belgian maritime authority. IFS can be audited at any time as we vouch for transparency and an open books approach.
- The IFS catering audit provides feedback on the implementation of hygiene standards, indicate potential food safety hazards and compiles a list with action points.
Read more about food safety and waste reduction here.